Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Thinking like a true Krav girl...

One hopes that they never have to be faced with a frightening or dangerous situation, but in the event they are, mindset is imperative.  Being that I live in the burbs, I don't worry too much because I practice safety most of the time and don't do dumb things.  BUT.  Just the other day, I found myself in a parking lot standing in front of a menacing man who was mad at me.  I did something (not on purpose) that pissed him off and he was hot off the griddle at me!  I tried to apologize but he wasn't having it.  After a sincere apology in a submissive tone and an offer to rectify the situation, I figured I had done my part and stood my ground.  Nothing else I could do.  He kept walking toward me in an intimidating way, in broad daylight I might add, and my brain went into Krav Maga mode.  He was huge - at least a foot taller than me and very muscular.  I was no match for him.  My eyes scanned the area quickly - cars all around - no where to run - no people to yell at for help.  My heart started beating very fast and I took a big breath in, then out, then reached for my mace, got into fight-stance and prepared myself for a kick to his groin (he was wide open) and then a quick getaway.  He must of seen me reach for something in my purse because he stopped abruptly, then threw his hands up in defeat and walked away.  Whew!  I'm so glad it didn't go there...because whether or not my plan would have worked, he would have had some surprises in store for him from this little suburban girl, I'm sure of it!  So, you just never know.  I stayed calm, I reached for courage and tried to use my brain and my training.  Disaster averted!  Yipeee!  Back to Krav tomorrow, I still have much to learn and even more motivation to do it now!

No comments:

Post a Comment